Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Does anyone have a pair of "jika-tabi"? Are they comfortable, where do I get them, and any problems with them?

I%26#039;m looking at buying a pair of jika-tabi, and I would like some information about them. Jika-tabi are the shoes that are split-toed like this: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/s...





I have some questions about them:





1) Where can I get them? I%26#039;m not looking forward to getting them off the internet, but someone suggested local Martial Arts stores. Would a local Martial Arts Store have them?





2) Does anyone have a pair of them? What are they like? Do they feel weird? Are they comfortable? I read somewhere that they keep you more alert because they help with blood circulation.





3) Can I wear them to school, like this: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/s... If I start wearing them to school, would that be cool? Can I excercise in them, like trail running or something? I want to get use out of them.





4) If I get them, what clothes would go with them? I don%26#039;t want to stick out in a negative way.








Thanks.

Does anyone have a pair of %26quot;jika-tabi%26quot;? Are they comfortable, where do I get them, and any problems with them?
They are unlike any other shoes for sure. They take a little bit to get comfortable as you have to get used to the toe positioning. Once you get used to them though, they%26#039;re not too bad.





It%26#039;s fun to climb ropes in them as you can semi-grab with your feet.





You can exercise or do whatever you want in them. They really have no instep though, so it%26#039;s almost like going barefoot. They hurt to run distances in.





You get get them anywhere.


Century Martial Arts; www.centuryfitness.com


Kwon; www.kwonusa.com


Asian World of Martial Arts; www.awma.com





Wear them like you would boots if you want. They are going to stand out though, just because of the toe - especially to women. You know how they love shoes!



men skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment